Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Tasty Omelette Disaster

I'm looking at my breakfast dish this morning and thinking how some people would look at it, turn their nose up, and walk away. Why? What started off as an omelette, turned into a total disaster. When I started to flip the omlette, it completely broke apart, so I just stirred it up into one huge mess. A delicious mess, that is!

First of all, I must admit to you, last week I wasn't behaving at all. I had just bought a new-used vehicle after being without one for nine months, so we were on the run quite a bit. I probably should have added everything into my SparkPeople nutrition tracker so I could show myself how much shock I put into my body. For instance, the first day I bought it, we were in the drive-thru of Cook Out. This is a NC chain of restaurants which serve burgers that would come right out of your backyard. I hadn't had one in over a year, my daughter wanted a milkshake, so there we were. I came home with a Cook Out "tray" that had a double burger through the garden with cheese on it, a handful of fries, and four onion rings which I washed down with one of their famous large sweet teas. Horrible! But this wasn't enough. To add to the disaster in the period of four days, we'll add in Frito's BBQ-Honey Twists, a honey bun, a package of poptarts, deli style coleslaw (mine is lowcarb friendly), potato salad, molasses baked beans, and a twelve-pack of Cherry Crush.

By the time Sunday rolled around and I woke up for church, I was absolutely miserable. I was miserable because I hadn't been eating these type foods and therefore my body was probably in shock from all the sugar and carbs that I took in. Then, Sunday afternoon, my sweetheart asked me which sounded best, Golden Corral or chinese buffet. I love Chinese food! So, of course, I choose the least healthiest of the two and I had two plates of sugary, fried Chinese food that tasted oh so great, but added more shock to my body. In case you didn't know, Golden Corral is VERY lowcarb friendly *wink*.

Monday morning, I woke up and I knew what I had to do. It was time to get this junk out of me and go back to eating healthier and so I did. Which brings us to this omelette. I was going to take a picture of it and upload it for you all to see. It turned out looking like scrambled eggs with the fillings stirred around. It didn't look good, but it's tasting very awesome! My morning omelette consists of:

2 eggs (1 carb)
1 oz of pork sausage (0 carbs)
1 cup of fresh baby spinach leaves (1 carb)
5 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced (3 carbs)
1/2 tablespoon Chia Seeds in gel form (3 carbs)
1 slice American cheese (o carbs)

That entire omlette was only 5 carbs, which is basically 0 carbs once you take out the 5 grams of fiber and VERY filling!

This is my favorite lowcarb breakfast to have in the mornings as it's loaded with energy and this was before I even added in the Chia seeds. Speaking of Chia seeds, I plan on updating my experimentation with them soon. You'll be surprised to know that during those days of eating poorly? I hadn't used them at all in a few days and I realized one thing that I'll share now, they really do diminish your cravings for junk food.

Have a great day everyone! It's raining here in NC, but it's pleasant with the temperature and that makes me happy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, thanks for reading and subscribing! I love omelettes of almost any style, but this is definitely one of my favorites to make. Another one I make is ham and swiss cheese, ooooh mercy! LOL

    ReplyDelete