Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken and Salsa Recipe

I'm not sure if this has ever been made by anyone or not, but if so, awesome! I was throwing some ingredients together one day for lunch as I wanted something different as one thing went in, then did another until I came up with this Chicken and Salsa dish. It's really good and I eat it on a bed of baby spinach leaves.


2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Bird's Eye Stir Fry Pepper Mix
1/2 cup Salsa (find the lowest in carbs)
1 oz Cream Cheese


I typically boil the chicken in the skillet with salt, pepper, garlic, and pepper and then drain. Cut into bite sized pieces, add in stir fry vegetables and either butter or oil, whichever you prefer. Once all is sauteed together and chicken is a bit brown, add in salsa and cream cheese and let it simmer until the cream cheese is melted.


That's it! Serve it on a cup of spinach leaves and even top with a bit of sour cream and cheddar cheese if you desire. If it's for dinner and you want to add a few extra carbs, there are always black olives and jalapeno peppers. I've done it all!


Before you make this for a low-fat or low-calorie diet, please keep in mind I don't do either of those. I don't really follow a plan at all, I simply eat foods that aren't processed, etc... it sort of boils down to a low-carb diet, but I don't think of it as such. 


Here are the nutritional information facts in order are calories, carbs, fat, and protein:



No comments:

Post a Comment