Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cooking with Broccoli Slaw

In the product aisle at Walmart, I'm always seeing a bag of broccoli slaw. I've been curious about it, not to make a slaw, but to cook with it. The bag has been sitting in my fridge for about a week and it expires tomorrow, so instead of feeding it to the wild rabbits which habitat outside my home, I decided to give it a go.

I first cooked my two chicken breasts, then added 2 tablespoons of butter and about 1 and 1/4 cup of the slaw mix to the skillet. I added in some garlic powder and onion powder (as I am out of fresh) and stir-fried this mixture together until the slaw mix was at the texture I was looking for. Once it was done, I turned off the heat and added in 2 TB of soy sauce and mixed it together.

I now have two very delicious meals as this turned out wonderfully! Very simple, nutritious, and  easy!



1 comment:

  1. i love eating the broccoli slaw straight out the bag, im a big veggie eater so this sounds delish to me!

    ReplyDelete