Friday, March 9, 2012

What's On the Menu?



I am trying to get a better idea where I'm lacking in calories as it's been virtually impossible to hit 1800 calories, much less 2000-2500 calories that I used to eat and have better success in losing weight. It's scientific stuff, a website I used in the past and verified with a certified nutritionist in the beginning days of this journey. My body is desperate for calories when I eat less than 2000, so by using SparkPeople's food database, I've been logging and keeping up with these calories.

As far as today's menu, I had turkey bacon for breakfast with scrambled eggs and for lunch, I'm having the following:

1 chicken breast
1 cup of California blend vegetables
1/4 cup Alfredo sauce
1 oz cream cheese

Just like before, I've boiled the chicken breast, then drain and cook in butter until it's browned. The vegetables are cooked per preference or bag-instructions. Sometimes I add it all together, sometimes I don't. Today, I'm not. But the sauce is combined in the pan and poured on top of the chicken and veggies and it's actually pretty good stuff.

I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner yet, but I'm thinking turkey burgers or something. I've attempted to eliminate beef and pork from my menus as much as possible, which is the reason for the significant drop in calories, but I feel much better without them. If I get a craving for beef, I will satisfy it as my body knows when it needs beef (hence: low iron) and will let me know. Otherwise, turkey and chicken are pretty basic for me and I'm quiet creative with them! I'll share as we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment