Friday, March 16, 2012

Demonic Scales

Last night, while going through my budget to determine what format of scales I could afford, a thought bubble exploded about my head and I've decided not to get any scales at all. I had a really nice set but for some reason, they quit working. I had the same ones before, which also quit working, but I liked them so much I gave it a 2nd try. Well, this time, I was looking through all the different options available to me. My first choice was to get one that weight only to 350 pounds so that my determination would be stronger to stand on them to get an accurate weight. I decided not to get any at all because my clothes tell me what I need to know, people around me let me know as well, and that's enough for me.

The reason I chose not to get a replacement set is because we become possessed with these scales. Every morning, we be sure to run to the bathroom to eliminate any waters or other build up which stayed in us from the night before, then we stand on it and mentally beat ourselves up because they either went up or down. So I've decided to stay out of the race to the scales for the time being. A friend up mine up in Virginia has a nice set and when I go visit her, I may step on hers to see how things are going, but otherwise, nope... I'm staying out of it.

Our clothes do not lie anyhow. For example. A few weeks ago, I bought two new pairs of "skinny" jeans in a size larger than I wear as I wanted them snug, but not too snug. They fit me perfect, but were big in the waist. That was okay since everywhere else they looked hot on this large body of mine. Even my boyfriend couldn't keep his eyes off me in them. Well, the first pair. I haven't even worn the black ones yet. Well, yesterday, it was back to the tug and pull up method. I wish I had bought them in my size now! So, whenever I find a good coupon to get as great a deal as I did on these, I'm going to buy two more pairs, but in a size SMALLER than what I wear so that I can get my time out of them. I'm sure I can re-sell them as they are hardly worn at all, but for the time being, I'm going to try to get two more months out of them with a nice belt or something.

One thing that I do notice when my body is changing, my waist goes before anything else. I love when my sweetie wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug because when we first met, we both laugh about this to this day, but we were standing quite a distance apart as I was nearly 500lbs! We laugh about it now because when he pulls me close and wraps his arms around my waist, we are so much closer, and it feels so good. When he puts his arms around my waist, I can feel how he wraps them around even more than before because the waist shrinks much faster.

I had to share that part because it's important to me to feel that after losing so much. Sometimes I wiggle into his arms just to feel the greatness of being so close after being so far away for so long due to the excessive weight!

Hope you all have a great weekend and perhaps, even yourself, will stay away from the scales for the weekend. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment