Friday, March 9, 2012

Thank God It's Friday!

I've been laid off from work as of January 31, 2012 as the job I had (as well as those of 600+ others) was outsourced to an overseas location and because of such, it's been a good and yet a bad experience. The first two weeks, I was thinking, wow! Nothing to do, no customers with high cell phone bills to console, and I could get my house clean. Problem is, when you are used to a schedule, your body desires that schedule! Have you ever played The Sims? This is what I think of sometimes as I felt as if I were a Sim, waking up, going to work, coming home and doing a little of nothing, then going to bed and starting all over. Now that I'm unemployed, I'm losing my mind.

One of my previous hobbies, in another life, I enjoyed couponing. It was a game to me and since I have nothing else to do, I've taken this game back up in order to save as much as I can on items that we need here in the house. Let me say that again, "to save as much as I can on items that we need here in the house". I put emphasis on that as there are too many hoarders glamorizing a fictional way of couponing on a popular television station. It's fictional as there have been quite a few instances of fraudulent "coupons" on that show. Anyhow, back to the point, so this has been what I've done with my time since being off from work.

This blog may be my journey to a healthier lifestyle, but I share everything and I'm going to start sharing my couponing experiences on here as well. I have a few places I will be shopping this weekend and I'll share that with you once it's over. My most recent experience was at Food Lion here in North Carolina where I pay $2.92 for FOUR bags of Bird's Eye Viola meals. No, I don't eat this, but when you have teenagers at the house who love pasta dishes, it makes a great, quick meal for them and it actually includes healthy vegetables.

So be on the look out for that, as well as my continued progress with this journey, and whatever else crosses my mind. But yes, I am so glad it's Friday! Some times I don't even know what day it is and either have to go hunt down a calendar or call my sweetie and ask him what the day is. Sad, right? March is going to be a better month for me. As a matter of fact, nine days in and nothing's been done except two loads of laundry, dishes, and cooking! I'm going to set up a planner for every day this week so I can stay on point and get everything done. I'm beginning to feel like a housewife and I'm not even married nor do my sweetie and I live together!

I hope that you all have a blessed weekend. Mine will consist of cleaning house, going to a pre-pastoral anniversary at our church, and of course church on Sunday. I'm not sure if the teenagers will be here this weekend or not, but if so, I think I'll pull a game out of the closet and the three of us can entertain one another since being cheap is my new name since my income has been cut in half due to this layoff!

No comments:

Post a Comment