Saturday, June 16, 2012

June 15, 2012 -- Food Facts

Breakfast can become boring if you eat the same things every day. I try to change it up and sometimes will eat foods that aren't even considered breakfast, such as leftover smoked chicken or something. This morning, I was in the mood for cottage cheese and blueberries.



Today's lunch was one of my favorite dishes, though I'd have to admit, long ago when I was a child, my mom would make this with hot dogs and we'd pile it on top of mashed potatoes. Of course, I try to eat as clean as I possibly can as an adult, so I don't eat mashed potatoes and only time I eat hot dogs is if I  grill them on occasion. For this dish, I saute the onions a bit first, then add in the smoked sausage and let that cook together. While it's cooking, I rinse the sauerkraut as I don't like the taste out of the can and then add it into the pan. It cooks for a bit then I pour in 1/2 cup of chicken broth and let it cook for about 8-10 minutes on low to meld the flavors together. It's one of my favorites!


Dinner was great tonight! My daughter and I were trying to figure out what we wanted and both decided on salads. She didn't want a taco salad however as she prefers hers with ham, but I went ahead and cooked up some ground turkey, added in chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and some cumin for my own version of taco seasoning, then added that to my salad which you'll see below what I added to it. I wanted to put some onion in, but changed my mind as onions aren't so nice to me.

And for the snack list, simple, hardly at all.

Totals for the day:

Calories: 1,740 burned approximately 344 through an aerobics video for 30 minutes.
Calories (net): 1,396
Carbohydrates: 48.6

Tomorrow my goal is to burn 350 calories and to consume less than 40 carbohydrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment